First Detector Training
First Detectors are part of the National Plant Diagnostic Network (NPDN) and the Ohio Plant Diagnostic Network (OPDN). First Detector training in Ohio promotes awareness and detection of new or emerging plant pest threats to Ohio's rural and urban agricultural or natural systems.
First Detector training is available (free!) online, just check out the links below!
FD website sign-up:
- Select the link above to go to the First Detector Training Website
- Create a new account with a username and password
- If you are a Certified Crop Advisor (CCA) please enter your CCA Certification Number. The Online Modules included in the Crop Biosecurity Course are worth 1 continuing Education Credit each, for up to 6 credits, one per module.
- Once you have the username and password you may log into the site and select "Our E-Learning Modules"
- Successfully complete the six modules of the Crop Biosecurity Course; you will have completed the basic First Detector Training!
- Download certificates for the modules you successfully complete.
Questions about Ohio's First Detector Training Program? Contact Joy Pierzynski, email@example.com or 614-292-5006