Digital Sample Submission App
New to Ohio State University’s C. Wayne Ellett Plant and Pest Diagnostic Clinic is an app for iPhone or iPad which will allow Clinic clientele to submit digital samples or images either as stand-alone samples or to supplement a physical sample being sent to the Clinic.
OSU’s Clinic joined with 7 university-based plant diagnostic laboratories in the development of the app which is available for free from the i-Tunes Store and can be found here at: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sample-submission/id669269520?mt=8 or by scanning the QR code. It is also now available for androids and can be found here at: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.in3.samplesubmission&hl=en . Anyone may download and use the app which will guide the users with questions customized for various situations.
We will charge the basic diagnostic fee for digital samples submitted through the app. Click here for the current basic exam fee.
While pictures are worth a thousand words they do not always tell the whole story. Many plant disease or insect samples will still require microscopic examination or other types of specialized tests to confirm the diagnosis. If a physical sample is required as a follow-up to a digital sample the basic fee will be waived for that physical sample due to already being charged the fee when you submitted the digital sample.
Universities/labs partnering in the development of the Plant Diagnostic Sample Submission app are:
- Alabama Cooperative Extension System
- University of Connecticut Plant Diagnostic Laboratory
- University of Illinois Extension
- University of Kentucky Plant Disease Diagnostic Laboratory (County ANR/HORT Agents only)
- Michigan State University Diagnostic Services Laboratory
- University of New Hampshire Cooperative Extension Plant Diagnostic Lab (UNHCE Field & State Specialists only)
- Ohio State University C. Wayne Ellett Plant and Pest Diagnostic Clinic
- Purdue University Plant and Pest Diagnostic Laboratory